HETAS Woodburner Installers
Free woodburner installations surveys & quotes call: 07715104420.
We always install a flexible liner within masonry chimneys, not all installers do.
We install a flexible stainless steel liner for both safety reasons, peace of mind and performance of the woodburner.
The flexible liner travels throughout the length of your chimney, connecting secured to your chimney pot all the way down and connecting to your woodburner via the adaptor and vitreous pipe. The flexible liner contains the very hot flue gases, protecting the stopping gases leak out through the surrounding brickwork into adjoining rooms.
There are 2 types of flexible liners. The 316 grade stainless steel and 904 grade stainless steel liners, the latter used for customers who burn coal frequently. The life span of a liner can be over 10 years with regular sweeping, but can deteriorate quickly if abused by burning the wrong fuel including painted or treated wood.
Yes, if you have a masonary chimney with a large enough flue diameter
There are many inset / cassette woodburners which are designed to slot into a recess to replace a gas fire. We always install a stainless steel flexible flue liner and the stove requires a 300mm hearth in front of the door. We are happy to quote for any building work and new hearth requirements.
We can also knockout the formed fireback behind the gas fire and enlarge the recess if possible to accommodate a wider range of free standing stoves.
I found some new build properties when constructed to only have a 4″ clay chimney to flue a gas fire. The 4″ flue wouldn’t be suitable for a woodburner installation. Therefore, a twinwall chimney system may be the solution.
It depends on the age, type and construction of property.
We specialise in fireplace enlargements and renovations, often completing work in a day.
Enlarging fireplaces in Victorian and Edwardian Properties
We generally find the older Victorian and Edwardian properties have large original fireplaces that have either been blocked off or reduced in size to accommodate an open fire. Properties from these periods are generally the easiest to enlarge with the potential to leave exposed brickwork to enhance the character.
Enlarging fireplaces in bungalows.
It’s not always possible to enlarge fireplace recesses in bungalows due to their breeze block construction. The chimney stack is often protruding on the outside wall and constructed with two skins of brick containing a cavity. We are unable to enlarge the recess into the cavity by removing a skin of bricks, but there are solutions for installing a woodburner including using an inset woodburner.
Enlarging fireplaces in 1980’s & 1990’s properties.
Many properties built during these decades had fireplaces designed for gas fires due to low cost of gas at the time. Often the chimney breasts have square or circular clay liners vertically stacked to form the flue. Concreate reinforced lintels are generally used to support the clay liners and chimney when knocking out and enlarging the recess.
Many properties constructed in the 1980’s and 1990’s didn’t have chimneys or only had slim fake chimney breasts and therefore we often build false chimney breasts in order to add character to a room while hiding a twinwall chimney system within.
Please contact us on 07715104420 to discuss.
We would always recommend getting professional advice before attempting to enlarge a fireplace yourself.
The cost of installing a woodburner can vary greatly depending on the following factors:
- The complexity of the job.
- Is building work required and does the installer need to sub contract this work?
- Does the chimney needs scaffold or cherry picker for liner installation?
- The size of installation company and their overheads, including showrooms and multiple teams of installers.
- The area the installation company is based. Cities generally are more expensive due to higher living costs.
- The products used by the installer can vary in quality and price.
- Are the installers certified by HETAS?
Why use us?
- We are HETAS certified company and fully insured
- All building work is completed by ourselves
- We have low overheads and provide great value services
- We have a large selection of stoves in stock to suit all budgets
- We only use local professional quality products
- We provide free surveys and no-obligation quotes
Call us today on 07715104430
We install woodburners all over Somerset, see examples below.
North Somerset Woodburner Installer Locations
- Weston-super-Mare, Highbridge, Beam, Wedmore and Burnham-on-Sea.
East Somerset Woodburner Installer Locations
- Glastonbury, Street, Langport and Curry Rivel.
South Somersert Woodburner Installer Locations
- Taunton, Bridgwater, Wellington, Tiverton, Hemyock and Cullumpton.
West Somerset Woodburner Installer locations
- Milverton, Dulverton, Bampton, Withypool, Wiveliscombe, Porlock, Watchet and Minehead.